-- --

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Homeless on the Subway Platform

34th Street cross
Photo by myself, on the 34th Street subway platform in Midtown.

We're due for a heavy snowfall overnight. With every extreme change of weather, the homeless seek shelter, often in subway stations.

Above, a man stood with his belongings piled up in a shopping cart. At his feet was a sign that read 'Please keep your money and your food'.

I'm not quite sure how this man gets by. I think he was praying, and that this was not the first time I've seen him. An earlier photo here.

Related posts: On the Sidewalk, on Fifth Avenue, The World Walks By, on Fifth Avenue, and Baby, It's Cold Outside.

4 comments:

Andy said...

Sad.

s.c said...

Its never a good time to be homeless but now specially not.

Rose ~ from Oz said...

I remember the crucifix Kitty and this image is as humbling and moving as the previous one.
I cannot help but wonder what his story is.

Joshua Tritt said...

I like his style. On the street you often encounter people that insist on offering help when often times you just want to be left in peace.