-- --

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Human Drive-Thru, in Midtown

Dunkin Donuts, nyc
Photo by myself, in Midtown.

Behold, a line outside Dunkin Donuts, a very popular chain. There are 30-some locations in Manhattan, most of them south of City Hall.

As you can see, New Yorkers are such a picky bunch that they will undergo public humiliation to get a 'good' cup of coffee. Along this stretch of Midtown, the only coffee purveyors are carts parked along the sidewalk and the occasional deli.

[Disclaimer: Use of the word 'good' in this case is debatable. I'm not a fan of Dunkin Donuts, but that doesn't mean anything!]

Related posts: Death Before Decaf, in Brooklyn, On Line, in Midtown, and Waiting, in Alphabet City.

5 comments:

Olivier said...

le mot "humiliation" est peut etre un peu fort ;) c'est pas non plus ma chaîne préférée dans NYC

Andy said...

I always had to have coffee on my way to work. Dunkin Donuts didn't work out so good on their move into Canada. Our Canadian icon of donuts "Tim Hortons" tried moving into the USA and they are not doing so good there.

s.c said...

Here you see the difference between Europe and the USA. I was in a lot of capital cities but never encountered a coffee line like this of people longing for a cup of coffee. We go mostly inside. Sit and drink one in a stone cup and not a plastic or cardboard one. But who knows with the grow of Starbucks here.
Have a nice week Kitty.

RedPat said...

I don't drink coffee so don't understand the urge to line up for one.

dianasfaria.com said...

Not that I frequent the establishment but there are three dunkin donuts within a 1/2 mile of each other over where I live & these are just the ones I know about.
Your photo makes DD look much more interesting than the ones I see on Long Island Kitty.
: )