-- --

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Looking Up West End Avenue

Up West End Ave, nyc
Photo by myself, around 77th Street and West End Avenue, on the Upper West Side.

West End Avenue seems to extend forever, or just about forever. The lights are well-timed, so it's one red light after the other.

There aren't any stores on West End Avenue, just the same as Park Avenue, on the East Side. Just one older apartment building after the next.

By the way, in Manhattan because of the street grid, 'up' means 'north, while 'down' means 'south'. In actuality, the north-south grid is slightly skewed.

Related posts: Looking North on the Upper West Side, The Rooftops on Central Park West, and All Lit Up, on the Upper West Side.

4 comments:

s.c said...

Now a little sun in the street.

biebkriebels said...

I hardly see any cabs!

Beth said...

Wow... see what you mean about the red lights! Great shot.

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

New York (and by that, I mean Manhattan) seems to stretch on endlessly. My first visit, that overwhelmed me. Now it's something I love about the city.