-- --

Saturday, October 27, 2012

I Heart NY for Sale, in Midtown

T shirts, NYC
Photo by myself on Fifth Avenue around 36th Street, in Midtown.

Some young ladies browsed through postcards and momentos of New York, while their father looked on.

This photo was taken a bit earlier this year. It's not cold, but it's no longer shorts weather.

--
New York is bracing itself for Hurricane Sandy. We are not used to hurricanes, and take to these alarms with a huge helping of skepticism.

Sandy is due to arrive in town on Tuesday. Residents are taking the weekend to tape windows. At my apartment building, we'll be putting garbage cans away so they don't fly around and break windows!

Related posts: On NYC Slogans, and a Rupert Update, I *Heart* New York, Downtown, and NY Attitude, for Sale.

3 comments:

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Hi Kitty! I hope this hurricane don't do any damage to the city.

Rose ~ from Oz said...

All one can do is batten down and take common sense precautions, I certainly hope you will all be safe and suffer no damage.
I'm originally from Cyclone country (hurricane) so understand the drill Kitty. Stay safe.
x

Kitty said...

Thanks Washington and Rose!
I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm just worried about trees in the area.
xo, K