-- --

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Peek into a Barbershop, Downtown

barbershop, nyc Photo by myself, somewhere in Manhattan.

A typical neighborhood barbershop offers haircuts to men for $14. This photo is from the stash.

You may be able to find places that are a tiny bit cheaper. Mens' cuts are much, much less expensive than womens', which can run anywhere from $60 upwards to over $200, depending on what you're getting done.

--
Once again, I managed to leave out any real signage when I took this photo, a while back, so I'm not exactly sure where this was taken. I've since learned that it's best to shoot a couple photos so you can remember where you took the photo (duh!).

My fiance Mark is helping me post photos while I'm in China. Blogger is banned, and I regret that I cannot respond to comments or visit any blogger-hosted blogs, while I'm here.

Posts will continue here while I'm on vacation. Some pre-scheduled posts will occur with photos of New York City.

3 comments:

Olivier said...

C'est pas encore la liberte d'expression en chine ;((.
Belle photo, j'adore cette ambiance de nuit, ces neons, en effet typiquement new yorkais je trouve

s.c said...

Great shot. Like it very much.

Banjo52 said...

That's a good price! Why, I pay that much out here in the provinces.

I feel the iconic quality of barbershops, but I don't understand where it comes from.