-- --

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Vibe near Jay Street, Brooklyn

Jay Street, Brooklyn
Photo by myself at Willoughby and Lawrence Streets, in Downtown Brooklyn.

A photo en route to the Manhattan Bridge, in Brooklyn.

I wish I could say good things about Downtown Brooklyn. It is a dense area with mid-size buildings that is not very charming.

The current vibe here in the city is tentative. Many people were talking about the sudden poor performance of the stock market and what's in store ahead.

Related posts: Enjoying the Sun, in Downtown Brooklyn, Seen in the Hood, in Park Slope, Brooklyn and On Justice, in Downtown Brooklyn.

5 comments:

Olivier said...

bonne photo, qui nous donne une sensation de foule derrière le mr au telephone

Cesc Sales said...

Visiting your blog is new adventure every day. You shoot from any corner of the city. You make me feel nostalgic for the time I lived in the city. Although not often leave comments, I read you and follow you all the time. And I want to tell you, no doubt, my favorite blog.

I thank each and every one of the good moments I spend reading you and admire your photos.

Ken Mac said...

it is incredible the wasteland that is downtown Brooklyn. I was there over the summer, couldn't wait to get out. Third Worldism in all its glory, cheap crap shops, fat people waiting on buses while eating KFC cancer food, heat, traffic....the worst!

Leif Hagen said...

Clearly, he's NOT a Red Sox fan....

Kitty said...

Thanks Olivier!

Hello Bitter C,
Thank you so much! What a lovely note from a fellow New Yorker. I'm sure you can understand how each neighborhood has its own spirit.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for photos to take. I will happily be your eyes and ears in your absence!

Best, K

Hi Ken,

Ha! I hesitated to post how awful it is. I no longer feel guilty about it. Downtown BK is a lost opportunity, isn't it? Gross!

Hi Leif,
Oh dear, I saw part of that game. There is still time left in the season for us to catch up!!