-- --

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

On NYC Stories, in Midtown

Your NYC Story
Photo by myself at 41st Street and Sixth Avenue.

The latest slogan for a Citibank location is 'Write your NYC story'. The windows of this building across from Bryant Park is often decorated with interesting displays.

I have to wonder what this man's story is. The American flag he's toting is a remnant from the Fourth of July.

--

For a while, I was going to a pastry cart guy on the block where I work. I always got the same thing (cheese danish), and was greeted with a cheery 'good morning' and playful banter.

But now I'm on a new diet, one that says cheese danishes are a no-no. So I walk a couple blocks around and take a shortcut through a parking garage to avoid that fateful corner. Anything to avoid having to explain myself (it's not you or your pastries, it's me!).

This is my roundabout way of saying there are NYC stories everywhere. Even a large city can seem like a small town at times.

Related posts: Power to the People, in Midtown, The World Walks by, on Fifth Avenue and Homeless Woman, 34th Street Platform.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

tres belle composition avec le personnage devant et le slogan (tres bon) derriere. Il faudrait faire une serie, en faisant poser des gens qui ont une histoire en eux

biebkriebels said...

Very nice photo, with the homeless man in front of the modern building. What a woman has to do to loose some weight, even change your walk through the city. Wish you all the best with your walks....

KittySigurdardottir. said...

How can you fast cheese?

Pasteries and Danishes yuck!

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

Ha! Nice story, Kitty. I think we've all altered routes and routines to avoid similar situations.

RedPat said...

We all seem to make our own little villages in a big city! The extra walk will help the diet - no?

khUthU said...

:) all the best from me too.. i have never experince diet. my only diet is eat. and try to finish ur food. take care, kitty.

Banjo52 said...

The slick, glassy face of commerce and the Harley guy. What a pair! Nice.