-- --

Friday, May 20, 2011

In Search of a Cab, in Midtown

Hailing in the Rain, NYC
Photo by myself in Midtown.

A familiar sight when it rains. A whole line of cabs passed by this woman, having fares already.

It's much harder to find cabs in the afternoon and on stormy days. There have been times where I've tried in vain to find a cab in the rain. Gypsy cabs (non-yellow cabs that do not use meters) will pull by, offering to take you a few blocks for a high rate.

Gypsy cabs are safe, however it's best to negotiate a rate before you get into the car, to avoid a dispute.

--

Apologies, folks, I've been going through a photo slump recently.

This seems to happen every so often - life gets busy, and the inspiration wanes. Never fear, this time will pass.

TGIF, everyone!

Related posts: Hailing a Cab, in Times Square, Hailing a Cab, Outside the Hudson Hotel and Pretty in Pink, Downtown.

6 comments:

Alistair said...

I make every day start with a look at your picture for the day along with three others and my fascination for all four is that all are residing far from me and that the pics are just invariably so interesting and that applies particularly to New York Portraits; so don't worry about creative blight and I and I am am sure many others will just wait patiently until NYP returns to its usual revealing self and enjoy the break for however long it takes.

Sérgio Pontes said...

I love street views =)

Kitty said...

Thank you, Alistair. I am flattered to score so highly. :-)

I've been wondering where you were and whether you ever started your own blog?

I can say there are many fulfilling parts to blogging, like connecting with such a broad audience. The only drawback are times like this, when the well runs a little dry.

My best to you. I hope you are well!

Hi Sergio!
Yeah, street views are fun and full of energy.
Is your photo taken in a helicopter or plane? You look like a pilot.

dianasfaria.com said...

& yet you manage to still post beautiful pictures!
I know how you feel though, life does get busy. This week I skipped two days. I'm not sure I've ever done that before.

Btw, I love the pink jacket in this shot .
Have a great weekend.
Hopefully we will have a reprieve from the rain.
: )

biebkriebels said...

You manage always to have a great photo, I am never disapointed. But for yourself you sometimes have the idea what on heavens sake I have to put on my blog. I think we all have this problem now and then. In my case it depends on the wheater, when the sun shines I love to make photo's. When it is rainy or dark I don't feel inspired. But it must be a joy for you and not an obligation, so take your time, we will wait anyway.

Nori Katayama said...

interesting!