-- --

Thursday, November 19, 2009

On the Ice, in Midtown

Bryant Park ice rink
Photo by myself in Bryant Park, around 42nd Street and Sixth Avenue.

We're having fluctuating temperatures that at times reach the mid-sixties. Even so, the ice skating rink is in place behind the main branch of the New York Public Library.

There's nothing like skating around outside, surrounded by buildings looming above.

Related posts: Braving the Chill in Bryant Park, Night View, at the Carousel and One Really Big Fountain.

9 comments:

Olivier said...

j'aimerais tant y etre ;o))

Washington said...

Hi Kitty. Did you try it? It seems to be nice.

Leif Hagen said...

Great skating snap, Kitty! I skated two years ago on the Rockerfeller Plaza rink with a wonderful view of the huge Christmas tree!

The Shutter said...

Nice shot.

Mr. Nice said...

I'm new to NYC. Where would you recommend skating first, Bryant Park, Rockerfeller or another?

http://www.nicetomeetyounewyork.blogspot.com/

Kitty said...

ha, Olivier! You will be back soon, I hope.

Hi Washington
I didn't try it this time, and perhaps that's a good thing. I would have created a pile up, for sure, lol.

Thanks Leif
That's incredible that you've skated at Rockefeller Center. Perhaps I saw you there?

Thanks Shutter!

Welcome Mr. Nice
I have a feeling that Bryant Park is the larger of the two rinks (just with my eyeballs, this is not scientific). You seem to have unlimited time on the ice, too.

Rockefeller Center is much more in demand, and you're only allowed a certain time on the ice before being called out. It's a different experience, too, since you're slightly below ground.

(I'd prefer Bryant Park!)

dianasfaria.com said...

I love watching people on the various ice rinks in NY.
Nice photo Kitty.

Jepi said...

Wow, great pic. I've actually dreamed of skating there. When is the right season for that?

Christchurch Photo Diary said...

There is something so romantic about this outdoor ice skating and you a talking to a 99% non-romantic person here!