-- --

Monday, June 22, 2009

The View from the BQE

Skyline from the BQE
Photo by myself from the Brooklyn Queens Expressway, looking toward Manhattan.

I took this photo from the car as we whizzed down the highway from Long Island. The cloud cover is heavy - It's been raining here almost every day for the last three weeks.

You can see the pointy silhouette of the Citicorp building on the right, the Chrysler Building near the middle and the Empire State Building toward the left. Manhattan looks like one gigantic thing.

In the middle distance lies parts of Brooklyn. Greenpoint's warehouses and industrial plant lie in-between our view of Manhattan and the East River.

--

Hope everyone had a great Father's Day weekend.

Happy Monday everyone!

Related posts: From Under the Bridge, From the East Bank and Home Sweet New York.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

une skyline de rêve...........ahhhh

How very said...

I gotta say, since the rain, we have had some of the most beautifully dramatic clouds(as captured in your photograph). It's not just a gray sheet covering the sun.

I had a great fathers day too! thanks

Fashion Schlub said...

I never tire of that beautiful skyline....

James said...

Very nice photo and it almost give me a moving sensation.

Unknown said...

i may have a manhattan skyline view soon--hubby and I are considering moving to Hoboken,NJ!

dianasfaria.com said...

Love this! I always liked taking the BQE for this excellent view.

Annie said...

Ah, New York, New York...

Now that I am home, I miss her already!

Thanks. Quite a superb shot. I had to fly out of JFK in all that rain last Thursday evening..delays delays!