-- --

Friday, December 12, 2008

Hot Off the Grill in the East Village

Otafuku, East Village
Photo by myself behind the scenes of Otafuku, in the East Village.

One of my favorite eateries in New York is a standing room only, and serves savory, made-to-order Japanese dishes. Here's a photo posted earlier showing the exterior.

--

As our vacation is winding down, I'm experiencing an odd sensation regarding Time.

At home days seem to whizz by. On Mondays especially, 2 pm arrives in an instant. By the end of the week, I'm frantic and frustrated that I hadn't gotten more done.

On vacation, time is slow and then fast. The travel is always a little scary. Driving the rental car, with or without street signs along dirt roads. The first day is usually very long. Then you get to know a location. You find a favorite place for breakfast place and coffee, where to buy water and snacks.

What would daily life be like if it felt the same as vacation time?

Related posts: On Japanese Food and Fish, Cold Noodles and Hot Shows and No Reservations.

5 comments:

Olivier said...

cela donne envie, j'adore la nourriture japonaise.

Anonymous said...

At this point, I wish I were on a relaxing vacation again. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm, looks tasty!

dianasfaria.com said...

I think the pace of things depend on where you live. When I was in Boston last Spring I noticed a much more relaxed rush hour then there is here in NY. It seemed like no one was actually rushing. It was nice.
Nice photo btw.

Kris McCracken said...

I thought that it was roti!