-- --

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Farewell to Snowy Aspen

Psychics Live in Aspen, too
Photos by myself, in Aspen, Colorado.

There are psychics even in such a ritzy place.

--

Selecting photos for today was tough. The decision came down to one snowdrift photo with a guy in red, or another snowdrift photo with a woman in blue. Hm.

This morning I took a direct flight to LA. It only takes 90 minutes to go from one extreme to the other. I deplaned to palm trees, 60 degree weather and much, much too much sunshine.

My picture taking in Aspen yesterday was bittersweet. I've decided to accept the recent job offer, so I feel it was my last visit.

A big part of me feels like I'm losing something, and I have to continually remind myself that I never had anything to begin with. Nobody has that beautiful town, not even the rich and famous people who visit or own homes there. It's just work, and I was lucky enough to have these experiences.

I'm sad to leave. I love my freaky coworkers. But after weighing the pros and cons hundreds of times, I felt it was better to change jobs now and get other things built, rather than stick around on this one thing, which is great, but stressful and not so rewarding.

Anyway, to lighten the mood, I have to recount what happened this morning.

I sometimes wear things akin to pasties when I wear confining tops. You know, covers for the nips. (Gentlemen, I'm sorry for such details, but alas, I am a female human with breasts). These things are made of soft silicone and are wonderful. Rinsed and dried after each wearing, they become sticky for the next use.

Well, I stayed in a very fancy hotel in Aspen, and this morning I made my way down to the front desk to settle my bill. I was decked out in my puffy down coat, ready for the cold. The front desk guy remembered my name.

'Why, hello, Miss K, how was your stay?
Are you leaving us?
Would you like us to charge the balance to the AmEx account we have on file?
Would you like a copy of your bill for your records?'


They are so polite and nice over there, my gosh. Nice Front Desk guy then told me a shuttle would be leaving soon for the airport. A nice bellman then helped me collect my bags.

Well, you can see what's coming a mile away, can't you? Only then, after the prolonged talk with the front desk guy and a polite thank you to the bellman, did I notice that a pink silicone nipple cover had stuck itself to the front of my puffy coat, for all to see.

Good lord.

Maybe it's best I don't return to that fancy little town for a good long while.

Aspen Snow
Photo by myself, in Aspen, Colorado.

The snowdrifts here are taller than most humans.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha you nearly made me spit porridge at my keyboard - I can't eat and laugh at the same time without being very messy!! So funny!

I'm glad you reached a decision about the job - it sounds like a good one to me. It must be a relief to have done so - uncertainty and indecision are hard to cope with.

Have a lovely weekend.

Kitty said...

TGIF, RB!

Yes, I am often the butt of my own jokes. There is so much material to use, lol.

Re the job, it will be an interesting transition. We shall see!

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Ha, that's a great!! A friend of mine once lost one of the 'chicken filets' from her bra when dancing a little too enthusiastically.

Good luck with the new job!! Have a fab weekend Kitty. Fish x

Mom Knows Everything said...

I am so sorry, but you had me laughing. Congrats on the new job! You're going to do great!

Kitty said...

I love it, Fish. Chicken fillets!!
haha. That sounds straight out of America's Best Home Videos.

Thanks Fish and Tammy for your well wishes. It feels so nice to have a whole cheerleading squad behind me!

Spandrel Studios said...

That's great news about the new job, Kitty! I'm sure you'll impress them in no time.

A friend left work one night and found herself alone in the elevator with the office hottie. He kept looking at her, smiling. She smiled back, thinking, "Woo-hoo, he digs me!" Then, as the doors opened, he turned to her and said "Um, there's one of those Post-It stickies in your hair."

Kitty said...

hah, Spandrel, how terrible.

I am glad no one confronted me about my boob cover. Or they were too polite to do so!