-- --

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Tag!


Tammy, at Mom Knows Everything (thanks, Tammy!) tagged me with a meme. I searched what a 'meme' is and of course, found too much information.

I am tagging 5 other New York sites, which hopefully know more about memes than I do.

1. New York Hack

2. Subway Blogger

3. New York Daily Photo

4. A Home in the City

5. I M Bitter


[Edit: Whoops! Thanks, I.M. for the reminder. D'oh!]

The meme question was

'If you had the opportunity to do a 1-year internship in a company or field completely unrelated to your current career or specialty, what would be your top 5 choices?'

Hm....I guess...

1. Chef - I'm addicted to Top Chef, and Bill Buford's descriptions of his kitchen experiences. I'd love to intern at one of those high end restaurants, though I'm not nearly macho enough.

2. Veterinarian - Love animals. Love em.

3. Couture Sewist - I worked briefly for a fashion designer long ago and found it incredibly tedious and stressful...but working at a couture house looks amazing (from the outside).

4. Voice-Over Actress - Make a bajillion dollars because only I can be the voice for a leading company or character? Sure!!

5. Artist/Boutique Owner - My dream job has always been to be the vision behind a little place, like John Derian or Jonathan Adler. What a nice life!


Photo by Karlmartini. For more great images, click here.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey! No fair, you didn't do the meme. lol Does that mean I don't have to do it or tag anyone else? :]

I followed a few trackback links from the blog that tagged you and it looks like you are supposed to answer this question.

'If you had the opportunity to do a 1-year internship in a company or field completely unrelated to your current career or specialty, what would be your top 5 choices?'

Melissa said...

Rats! lol now I guess I have to do the meme...

Nice choices! So NY'ish. :)

Anonymous said...

I was a bit curious why you used my photo in your blog. I'm glad someone is looking at them though.

Just some background on the pic:
I was trying to show the how Dublin had changed so dramaticaly by having a black child (immigration is a very recent Irish phenomenon) running next to '1916' graffiti on a street that featured in our failed rebellion aganst the British in 1916. A kind of old v new contrast pic.

I wouldn't expect any non-Irish to get it. Truth be told it's only got 6 views....and 4 of them were since you used the pic.

Any job for a year? Test rider for Ducati

Kitty said...

well, Karl, I loved the photo. But it was purely on a graphic level. The 1916 reference definitely flew over my head!

I love Ireland, too. Hopefully I'll get to see it someday. :-)